We here at Bishop Ranch Veterinary Center & Urgent Care would like to wish all of our wonderful clients and their families a safe and happy New Year! We truly believe we have the most loyal, caring clients in the Bay Area. Thank you for always inspiring us to do the best we can do! We hope that 2015 brings health, love, and happiness to you and your pets.
As a reminder Bishop Ranch Veterinary Center & Urgent Care will be open on Wednesday December 31st from 7am to 8pm. However, we will be closed on Thursday, January 1st for the holiday. Normal business hours will resume on Friday January 2nd at 7am.
Here are some helpful New Year's Eve pet safety tips:
- Make sure all of your pets are wearing collars with proper ID tags. Make sure the information is current. You can also have them microchipped, it is a quick technician appointment that usually takes less than half an hour. But even with a microchip, ID tags are essential.
- Give your pets plenty of exercise before the festivities begin. Make sure they are fed and have had a potty break too. This may help them sleep through a party instead of being stressed.
- Prepare a safe room in your house for your pet. Provide a blanket and bed for them to burrow in, along with food, water, and a litter box if appropriate. You may want to leave a TV on or some music to help block out stress inducing noises. KEEP THIS DOOR CLOSED AT ALL TIMES. Put a sign on the door so that guests know not to open it.
- Check that all fences and gates in the back yard are closed and securely locked.
- Keep garbage cans securely closed to prevent your pet from eating anything it shouldn't.
- Try to avoid coddling or comforting your pet when its agitated since this can reinforce the behavior. It is best to give them a safe room full of comforting items where they can hide from the activities.
Once again, happy New Year and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for choosing us to treat your beloved pets!