National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day is on August 22. This is an important reminder to all cat owners to remember to schedule a yearly exam.
Here are 5 reasons routine vet visits are a vital part of your cat's health:
1) Cats age more rapidly than humans. Veterinary care is crucial because one human year is four "cat years," and a lot can affect its health in that time.
2) Cats are masters at hiding illness. Veterinarians are trained to spot subtle changes or health issues and detect many problems before they become difficult to treat.
3) Over 50% of cats are overweight or obese. Just a few extra pounds can put your cat at risk for diabetes, heart respiratory, kidney disease, and more.
4) Preventive care is better than reactive care. Regular exams can help avoid medical emergencies since veterinarians can often detect conditions or diseases before they become significant.
5) Kittens have 26 teeth while adult cats have 30. Periodontal disease is considered the most prevalent disease in cats three years of age and older, which may lead to infection, loss of appetite, and pain.
If your cat hasn't been to the vet in a while, please schedule your annual exam today! You can call or text us at (925) 866-8387 for availability. We look forward to hearing from you!Source