Are you interested in applying for an entry-level position at BRVC? Bring your questions and take a tour of our hospital at one of our next Hiring Information Seminars. Our Upcoming Seminars will be held:
Our seminars are held the 1st Thursday and 3rd Saturday of every month. If you have any further questions please email Margaret Simuro at Margaret@webvets.com
Our mission here at Bishop Ranch is to continue to be the premier veterinary hospital for the residents of San Ramon and the greater Tri-Valley community. We continually strive to provide the highest quality veterinary care available by a team of dedicated professionals practicing modern medicine. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service and ethical standards, and devoted to providing a caring environment that treats people and animals with dignity, compassion and respect.
We are seeking professional and career-driven Associate Veterinarians to join our exceptional team of doctors. This role is currently open to veterinarians established in their careers and new graduates who are just getting started. With our formal onboarding program, new associates have the opportunity to grow into the veterinarian of their dreams. Bishop Ranch encourages our veterinarians to develop niche interests and pursue focused training. We recommend applying for this position if you meet the following requirements:
• Holds a license in California and a Veterinary degree from an AVMA accredited university.
• Exhibits strong communication with excellent client service skills
• Is someone who is dedicated to lifelong learning and values training and mentorship
• Has the ability to manage diverse and complex caseloads
• Thrives in a high volume, fast paced environment
• 1 year internship experience is preferred, but is not required
Bishop Ranch offers competitive salaries, complete benefits and opportunities for advancement. We are very well aware of the importance of a work/life balance for our veterinarians, and will be committed to making that possible. Benefits for this role include the following:
• Competitive compensation package (base salary + commission) - Average FT DVM earns 170K
• Medical, Eye, Dental & 401K
• On-site continuing education opportunities (ultrasound, dentistry, and internal medicine)
• Time off flexibility
• CE, License & Dues allowance
• Sign-On Bonus
• Student Loan Support
• Ask us about our industry leading robust structured mentorship program (if desired)
For questions, please email our Hospital Director, Margaret Simuro: email@example.com
Bishop Ranch Veterinary Center & Urgent Care offers veterinary student externship opportunities year-round for periods of 1-4 weeks for 3rd and 4th-year veterinary students. Only one extern is present at any given time to provide each student with the most hands‐on experience possible. Veterinary students are also offered the opportunity to learn about business operations, client communications, and specialized areas of the practice – Holistic, Internal, Exotic and Reproductive Medicine, and Emergency Medicine.
Goals of Externship Experience: In addition to giving students experience by assisting with general surgery, specialty surgery, advanced procedures (laparoscopy), and diagnostics (ultrasound), students will also receive exposure to and assistance with other areas of Veterinary Medicine
The Externship will:
• Expose the student to client relations, practice management, and problem-solving.
• Facilitate the student's transition from the academic environment to the hands‐on world of clinical veterinary practice.
• Allow the student to experience how veterinarians obtain the confidence and goodwill of clients.
• Give the student the opportunity to identify the legal, ethical, and moral challenges associated with veterinary practice and to judge how they would respond in such situations.
• Enable the student to recognize the benefits of successful practice management.
It is anticipated that students will come to appreciate the day-to-day role of the various employees in a veterinary practice, their contributions to a smoothly functioning hospital, and the importance fo everyone being a team player. Students will have the opportunity to shadow various veterinarians during appointments, will be responsible for developing problem lists and treatment plans (including diagnostic and surgical recommendations), and will be responsible for assisting veterinarians and veterinary staff with monitoring cases. Hands-on experience with diagnostic and surgery will be supported as much as possible.
Depending on the time of year housing may be available for visiting students.
For questions please email Externships@webvets.com
To Apply For an Externship with Bishop Ranch Veterinary Center, Please Click Here